Meet the Doctor
I have been practicing orthodontics since 2000. I feel very fortunate to have a career in such a wonderful profession.
As an orthodontist, it is extremely rewarding to help create smiles that improve the appearance and self-esteem of my patients, and improve their long-term oral health and function.
I work with a great team, and I enjoy getting to know my patients and their families as we work toward transforming their teeth into healthy, beautiful smiles.
Dr. Sonja Finnie
Education and Experience
- Beaumont High School, Valedictorian
- University of Redlands, Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Minor in Chemistry
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS), Graduated at Top of Class
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Master of Science (MS) in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
In addition to her private practice, Dr. Finnie is an Assistant Professor at Loma Linda University Department of Orthodontics. She works closely with students and other faculty members in the University’s orthodontic clinic, which allows her to keep up to date on the latest treatment options and philosophies.
Dr. Finnie also regularly attends continuing education lectures and courses, in order to stay current on all the latest information and technology related to orthodontics. This ongoing learning gives her additional tools and insights, ensuring patients receive the best possible treatment and achieve long-lasting, beautiful results.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Tri-County Dental Society
Beyond the Practice
Dr. Finnie was raised in the Cherry Valley/Beaumont area of the Inland Empire, and has lived in Yucaipa since 2002. Dr. Finnie is a first generation American: her father is from Scotland and her mother is from Germany. She enjoys spending time with family members who live nearby, as well as visiting others in Boston and Scotland.
Dr. Finnie also loves spending time with her adopted rescue pets. A huge animal lover, Dr. Finnie is a regular supporter of several animal welfare organizations that help and/or rescue abused, neglected, or endangered animals.
In her free time, Dr. Finnie enjoys time with friends, being outdoors and exploring new areas, movies, shows, music and concerts. Her favorite types of exercise include cycling and Pilates.